Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Staten Island Year of Birds

For the past year and a half, I've been posting a single photo of each species of bird that I've been able to capture when out birding around Staten Island to my Flickr account. Balancing time look for "good birds" and time looking for the "good shot" are in direct opposition to each other, and at heart I'm a birder before a photographer, so only about half the species seen each year were photographed (~103/233 last year and 64/209 so far this year). Of course, the "best" birds are always get their photos taken! :-)

I do continue to update this year's gallery when a new species is photographed, so check back every now and then.....

Last year:
2008 Staten Island Bird Gallery
This year, so far....
2009 Staten Island Bird Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment