Monday, June 15, 2009

1st Posting

Greetings,

My name is Seth Wollney. I am life long Staten Islander, and have been an vivid observer of Staten Island's Natural History my whole life thanks to the prompting of my father and grandfather. Growing up, my interests mainly focused on reptiles, pond life, seashore life and local history. Much time was also spent learning about the basics of local geology, plants and the Lenape Indians. In my late teens, I begin leading walks at Blue Heron Nature Center and shortly after that starting my work at the Staten Island Museum, I quickly found out about birds! Over the past 8 years my love of birds has taken me to Canada, New Hampshire, California, Arizona and North Carolina, in addition to many day trips around New York State and New Jersey.

Thanks to multiple influences I have taken up the study of Staten Island's insects! This newly found interest is greatly aided by my recent dive into nature photography.

I created this blog to post photographs and some notes about the wildlife and plants from around Staten Island, NY and further afield once in a while!

Thanks!
Seth

No comments:

Post a Comment